Senior Software Engineer
At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is excited to be expanding and growing our amazing team. We are looking for curious, innovative and collaborative team members. Engineering is at the heart of the action, building out our blockchain protocol and direct to consumer products that will transform the financial services industry. Everything is from scratch development and every engineer has a big impact on the team and the growth of the company.
The Processing team is responsible for validating and onboarding loans originated from our lending products to the Provenance Blockchain. This role will develop the services and smart contracts for working with loan assets that will be used by other Figure product teams and partners on the blockchain.
What You’ll Do
- Drive innovative tech solutions adhering to iterative principles
- Originate, champion and execute on new ideas for projects
- Collaborate with project leads and other software engineers across multiple teams
- Work on software solutions that will transform the consumer lending and blockchain space
- Be a leader, use your voice, apply your tech skills to solve real world problems
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree, Computer Science major preferred
- 5+ years engineering / development experience in a fast paced, agile environment
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin, JVM based programming, Kafka, React preferred
- Experience with unit testing
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Postgres or other database management systems
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to succeed in a startup environment
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range is $119,680 - $149,600 base with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.