Senior Director, Capital Markets
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
As the Senior Director, Capital Markets, you will report to the Head of Capital Markets & Institutional Partnerships, and support the growth of Figure Lending and its capital markets strategy. This individual is responsible for managing and leading certain capital markets projects, including but not limited to: ABS issuance, warehouse facility negotiations,, private placement transactions, whole loan sales and trading, forward flow negotiations, etc.
The Senior Director will be partnering with our engineering, credit, operations, marketing, legal, compliance, and finance teams. You will be developing and maintaining strategic relationships with external and internal stakeholders to support the firm’s liquidity needs.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Head of Capital Markets & Institutional Partnerships to oversee execution of warehouse and ABS transactions across various asset classes.
- Act as deal lead on programmatic and recurring ABS/private placement transactions, as well as negotiations for new and existing warehouse strategies.
- Monitor market pricing dynamics and recycle investor demand and feedback to optimize pricing.
- Work cross-functionally to find ways that can improve, increase efficiency, and reduce the cost for some of the processes performed by third-parties in a securitization and whole loan sales.
- Work with credit and operations to monitor loan performance; create regular investor performance updates, and work with rating agencies and other stakeholders to communicate findings/deliverables.
What We Look For
- Experience in mortgage and consumer banking, whole loans and asset-backed securities; capital markets, hedging, trading, pricing; securitization; and regulatory compliance.
- A deep understanding of various financing products and structures is strongly preferred.
- Extensive modeling skills, and capacity to use Intex and Bloomberg in a professional daily setting.
- Strong network in the financial sector with institutional investors and funds, specifically in consumer and residential loans.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead with respect, organized, and communicative.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience at an ABS issuer, investment bank, or buy-side firm.
- A person that thrives on taking a project from inception to completion, and is willing to get into the weeds to find creative solutions.
- An individual with a strong passion and desire to leverage technology to improve financial services and wants to work in a challenging and demanding fintech environment.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $180,000-$225,000/year. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.