Senior Software Engineer (Risk Systems)
Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
You’ll architect and build the next-generation risk solutions for FalconX and its clients. You will evolve FalconX’s risk technology to be best-in-class. Well-reputed financial institutions and crypto firms will trust and rely on your solutions for their day-to-day work..You will help unlock increased business potential and opportunities for FalconX and our clients.
- Develop, maintain and enhance FalconX’s proprietary risk management tools, infrastructure, risk data, and processes
- Architect and build scalable, robust, performant risk solutions for institutional customers and internal teams.
- Work closely with multiple members of the risk team to develop, maintain and improve the risk management stack
- Coach and mentor teammates on supporting and maintaining FalconX’s risk solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, EE, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent fields.
- Professional experience (at least 4 years) in a quant risk role
- Experience in risk management in a trading environment (hedge fund or bank)
- Knowledge of a range of financial products and experience with a variety of derivatives asset classes
- Strong passion for intuitive, analytical, out-of-the box thinking and problem solving.
- Extensive experience with software engineering, object-oriented coding design and complex, distributed architectures.
- Comfortable working with Linux/AWS environments
- Python programming experience with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proactive, strong sense of ownership with the ability to partner and build alignment with our risk, product and engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $155,000 and $245,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.