Senior Software Engineer (Derivatives)
Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
What will be my impact?
At FalconX, you’ll help create a more open financial system. In building the trading, credit and custody infrastructure, we are enabling thousands more institutions to enter the market and support a more open and accessible financial system. The world’s largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley will turn to you for products that provide unparalleled seamless, efficient and secure access to the cryptocurrency sector.
As a Derivatives Senior Engineer you’ll:
- Develop highly responsive Derivatives systems
- Provide guidance and education to the engineering team with regard to derivatives systems
- Collaborate on designs for future enhancements for post trade operations like settlements, confirmations, position engineering, and regulatory reporting.
- Promote strong collaboration within a cross functional team, including design, product management, traders and trade operations
- A bachelors/masters degree in Computer Science.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Prior experience working in the financial industry, especially dealing with derivatives like options, futures, swaps, etc.
- Proficiency in Python programming language.
- Experience with derivatives pricing and valuation. This includes knowledge of the different types of derivatives, as well as the mathematical models that are used to price and value them.
- Good knowledge regarding data structures and algorithms
- Strong communication skills and collaborative mindset with detail-oriented approach to operations
- Ability to move fast and adapt to a fast moving environment
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $155,000 and $245,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.