Senior Software Engineer
Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
At FalconX, you’ll help create a more open financial system. In building trading, credit and custody infrastructure, we are enabling thousands more institutions to enter the market and support a more open and accessible financial system. The world’s largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley will turn to you for products that provide unparalleled seamless, efficient and secure access to the cryptocurrency sector.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Collaborate with the development team to improve application functionality and performance.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Follow the SLA for issues with respect to the severity.
- Contribute to the creation of systemic improvements to prevent recurring issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven 4+ yrs of experience as a Support Engineer or similar Engineering roles.
- In-depth understanding of high throughput systems and trading applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle high-pressure situations.
- Experience with database management and data analysis tools.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, and Golang
- Proficiency in cloud technologies especially AWS cloud.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Familiarity with FIX protocol is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $155,000 and $245,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.