VP of Finance
Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
At FalconX, you’ll have a significant influence on the broader success of the digital asset landscape. Some of the largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley and around the world will turn to you for the best market prices and insights on the crypto industry. You will become an expert on crypto industry trends and market movements. With your experience, you will help shape our company’s trading strategies according to our core values - speed, transparency, and trust. You will be an ambassador of FalconX, constantly improving your knowledge of our offering and sharpening knowledge of best market practices.
We are looking for a results-driven, high-performing, and confident leader to join our Finance team, and you will be expected to work in a fast paced environment to deliver on reporting, & analytical fronts.
- Work closely with the leadership team to formulate short- to long-term financial and strategic plans
- Analyze financial and operational results to better understand the company’s overall financial health & performance
- Evaluate previous budgets and collaborate with business unit leaders to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Produce models to project long-term growth, accounting for factors that will impact performance
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on the performance of a product or department
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and commentary to the Leadership team
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management that will lead to revenue generation, cost reduction and more efficient operations
- Scenario planning to map out best-case, expected, and worst-case scenarios to see how it would impact the company’s financial position, etc.
- Support initiatives targeted at financial processes improvement and the implementation of changes to achieve efficiencies and the company’s objectives in the areas of project billing, contract compliance and reporting, indirect cost recovery, financial reporting and analysis
- Management Reporting - Investors, Leadership Team, BoD as and when required
- Ad-hoc reporting as required by Leadership
- Partner with Engineering and the broader organization to improve forecasting through automation and system optimization
- You will help the team build in-house FP&A capability, build unique financial models and ensure real-time & accurate financial information to all the stakeholders
- You will be required to work very closely with Product, Accounting, Markets Teams & External consultants to achieve the best financial outcomes for the organization
- Keep pace with the growth phase of the organization, you will be capable of working across i.e. Accounting, Treasury, Reporting, etc.
- Over a course of time, build SME knowledge of the market in this industry
- Management/Accounting Graduate + Professional degree
- Prior working experience of 5-7 years in similar industries (Crypto, Fintech, Financial Services etc.)
- Owned end to end Finance(Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Investor Relations)
- Crypto or Fintech industry experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel/Google Sheets is a must
- Hands-on experience on reporting tools like Hyperion, PowerBI, DOMO, Alteryx, TLM & ERP is desirable
- Enthusiastic, Self-starter, Detail-oriented with excellent analytical & problem-solving capability and will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to operating across various functions
- Penchant to learn about Fintech, blockchain, and digital assets
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $225,000 and $350,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.