Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology and top-notch customer service.
Our technology-forward omnichannel and API-first solution allows any merchant to offer protection plans, both online and in store, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters. More recently, Extend also launched a shipping protection solution, covering consumers in the case of lost, damaged or stolen packages. This is further expanding the company’s addressable market and value creation for merchants.
We are a venture-backed startup in downtown San Francisco led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend simplifies the technology stack for the product and shipping protection industries.
About the Role:
The HR Business Partners' primary role is to serve as a consultant to managers and employees on human resources-related issues and participates as an HR team member in developing and implementing corporate programs and initiatives. This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization and balancing employee considerations with business priorities. This position requires hands-on tactical work and service delivery as well as strategic advice and leadership coaching. Strong experience in multiple HR disciplines is necessary and one must demonstrate business acumen.
What You’ll Do:
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues. Identifying issues prior to them becoming severe is a critical trait on this subject. Proactive solutions versus reactive fire fighting.
- Conducts regular recurring meetings with assigned business groups to identify and implement efforts to improve the performance and culture of client organizations.
- Leads or assists in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Advises management on the interpretation and application of HR policies and practices.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary actions.
- Coordinates onboarding activities for all employees in assigned location(s).
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Prepares reports and studies to meet business and corporate needs.
- Assists with assessment and development of strategies to address issues of workflow improvement and/or organization structure for assigned business groups.
- Conducts periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with laws, policies, and procedures.
- Supports and implements corporate programs for assigned client groups, including performance management, compensation benchmarking, and administration, benefits open enrollment, employee recognition programs, workforce planning, onboarding, exiting, and effective talent acquisition and development strategies and tactics.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention, embracing corporate values and culture that is an integral part of Extend’s continued growth and success.
- Maintains employee records and required compliance documentation.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
What We Are Looking For:
- At least 8 years of directly applicable experience in Human Resources as a business partner or consultant
- Considerable experience working in a small to mid-size, start-up environment is critical and can be combined with some additional experience in large organizations would be helpful
- Resilience, flexibility, and the ability to work quickly and effectively across multiple client organizations
- Resourceful and curious to solve problems that you have not encountered before - a strong, fast learner
- Excellent judgment and superior emotional intelligence
- Proven track record of working with, coaching, and influencing senior leaders.
- Comfortability and prior experience managing the planning, development, implementation, and administration of one or more HR programs in the function of employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, or training.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor's degree required with a preference for an advanced degree in HR, Management, Psychology, or other related fields of study
- Human Resources certification is highly desired
Estimated Pay Range: $120,000 - $140,000 per year salaried*
*The pay range for this position is listed above; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Incentive compensation may also be included in this role as approved by management, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market data.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Very generous, flexible paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Something looks off?