Principal Product Manager, Consumer
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned product manager to join our Consumer Product team. This team is responsible for building a delightful digital consumer experience, from onboarding users to helping them identify their families’ needs to purchasing the right insurance products to protect their families.
The ideal candidate will combine first-principles thinking, understanding of consumer needs, and creativity to envision delightful customer experiences. They’ll drive experimentation and strong execution to deliver results. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial product leader who is passionate about advocating on behalf of users and driving business growth, demonstrates a high degree of ownership, and is looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build experiences that touch millions of online insurance shoppers. This is a very customer-focused role with the opportunity to deliver measurable and visible impact
- Own the user experience, from the top of the funnel through to the bottom. Use consumer insights and data to drive improvements to the user experience and conversion rates
- Educate consumers on the need for Life Insurance and help them purchase the right type and level of coverage to protect their families
- Improve conversion rates by removing unnecessary friction and motivating users to complete the application
- Take new insurance products (e.g. Indexed Universal Life, Whole Life) to market.
- Build a great end to end experience anchored on accessibility, delight and simplicity
- Operate with ownership and have a high degree of autonomy. Ethos is a product first company, where Product Managers operate with autonomy and ownership
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of total experience in the technology industry
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in a high growth technology company, building products that touch millions of consumers.
- Ability to generate, test, and refine hypotheses using a blend of data, user insights, and market trends, ensuring product decisions are both innovative and impactful.
- Ability to seamlessly transform ideas into actionable plans and user-resonant designs, utilizing rapid prototyping and feedback-driven iterations for continuous improvement
- Strong analytical orientation: a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success. Experience performing basic self-serve analytics using SQL and Amplitude while leveraging product analytics for complex analysis is a plus
- Ability to work cross functionally with other team members, and key Engineering and Design stakeholders to build delightful product experiences
- Drive to set and chase ambitious goals, prioritize what really matters, overcome inevitable obstacles, and execute effectively
- Track record of solving hard customer problems and driving business growth
- Major stakeholders are based in our San Francisco office, remote candidates may be considered
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 - $217,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.