What you’ll do:
Ethic is looking for a brand designer to help us evolve our overall brand language - that includes digital, video, print and all public facing materials. As part of our team you'll help translate our culture into a visual ecosystem and communicate how Ethic’s brand and product helps investors align their investments with their personal values.
Our mission is to create a future where all investing is sustainable investing, and as an early member of our brand design team you’ll help evolve the foundation for how the world engages with that mission through clean, simple, and beautiful designs. As part of this role, you'll also collaborate with our product team by infusing our brand experience into our product experience. More specifically you'll:
- Shape and evolve our brand look and feel across all parts of the business which include digital, video, print and other public facing materials
- Collaborate with our studio and marketing team to infuse our brand’s visual language into digital, video, content and print materials
- Evolve our internal and external materials and templates such as presentations, emails, article key art, conference collateral, swag, and anything else you can dream up
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders outside the brand and design team and be comfortable advocating for design as a key pillar of Ethic’s work, all the way from initial ideation through final execution
- Evolve our brand approach and brand guide for the rest of the team and company to help inspire and guide towards consistent executions
Who you are:
- You prioritize building strong relationships, and enjoying the journey
- You’re kind, curious, and interested in other people’s perspectives
- You enjoy solving hard problems and learning from others along the way
- You’re inventive and excited about building something new
- You’re passionate about positively impacting the future of our planet and humanity
What you’ll offer:
- 5-8 years of brand designer experience (combined agency and in-house experience is preferred)
- A love for branding, design, typography and color composition with experience crafting brand systems as well as creating brand elements from scratch
- A playful and humorous, yet structured and system thinking approach to design and storytelling through brand and design
- A clean and simple aesthetic that you can bring to any medium, whether it’s a presentation, a website, an email, or our product
- A strong knowledge of Adobe suite, Figma, Sketch and other modern tools that are needed to evolve a brand
- A portfolio that shows your experience and attention to detail in nurturing and evolving both branding and design projects
Ethic is working toward a future where all investing is sustainable investing. We empower wealth advisors and investors to create portfolios that seek to align personal values with financial goals.
Our team is committed to fostering an environment that brings together many different voices, perspectives and lived experiences to accelerate the global transition to sustainable investing.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation at Ethic is a combination of base salary, equity (stock options) in the company, and benefits.
The base salary will range from $135,000 - $155,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Our benefits package includes;
- Medical, dental & vision insurance – premiums 100% covered by Ethic
- Unlimited paid time off
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- An annual wellness & education stipend
- Sponsored employee resource groups
- Regular lunch & learns and volunteering opportunities
- A fully-stocked office in lower Manhattan + the flexibility to regularly work remotely
Location: New York, NY
Submit an application:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit both a resume, a cover letter, and a link to your portfolio below.
Ethic values the diversity of our team and encourages applications from all backgrounds and life experiences. In order to continuously grow a diverse team, we are taking a data-driven approach to understanding and iterating our hiring practices. Please complete the demographic survey below to support us in doing so.
Something looks off?