Software Engineering Analyst/Associate, Trading / Portfolio Management
What you’ll do:
Ethic is looking for a strong software engineer to help us develop the next generation of asset management platforms. As part of our team, you’ll work closely with senior engineers to architect and implement the platform’s web services, data stores, and infrastructure. You’ll get to work with the latest technology paradigms on Google Cloud including modularity, reactive application and real-time systems. We are looking for someone who can take all these technologies and help us create the fastest, most-reliable, and full-featured asset management platform in the industry.
- Architect and build high-performance, responsive web services to support the asset management platform’s
- Model the business data into the right data store
- Add automations to the infrastructure
- Work directly with the business team and the design team throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle
Who you are:
- You prioritize building strong relationships, and enjoying the journey
- You’re kind, curious, and interested in other people’s perspectives
- You enjoy solving hard problems and learning from others along the way
- You’re inventive and excited about building something new
- You’re passionate about positively impacting the future of our planet and humanity
What you’ll offer:
- 0-5 years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL experience a plus
- Strong understanding of functional programming paradigms
- Understand the unique set of performance challenges, concerns, and tradeoffs inherent to web applications
- Familiarity with unit testing tools
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design performance
- Passionate about software, technology and continuous learning
Ethic is working toward a future where all investing is sustainable investing. We empower wealth advisors and investors to create portfolios that seek to align personal values with financial goals.
Our team is committed to fostering an environment that brings together many different voices, perspectives and lived experiences to accelerate the global transition to sustainable investing.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation at Ethic is a combination of base salary, equity (stock options) in the company, and benefits.
The base salary for an Analyst will range from $100,000 - $120,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
The base salary for an Associate will range from $130,000 - $140,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Our benefits package includes;
- Medical, dental & vision insurance – premiums 100% covered by Ethic
- Unlimited paid time off
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- An annual wellness & education stipend
- Sponsored employee resource groups
- Regular lunch & learns and volunteering opportunities
- A fully-stocked office in lower Manhattan + the flexibility to regularly work remotely
Location: New York, NY
Submit an application:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit both a resume and a cover letter below.
Ethic values the diversity of our team and encourages applications from all backgrounds and life experiences. In order to continuously grow a diverse team, we are taking a data-driven approach to understanding and iterating our hiring practices. Please complete the demographic survey below to support us in doing so.
Something looks off?