Fund Operations Analyst
Fund Operations Analyst
EquityZen is a financial technology company backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a Fund Operations Analyst to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets.
Our platform enables large private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 400 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 36,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Investigate discrepancies with administrators, internal operations teams, and external vendors to ensure accuracy and resolve issues promptly.
- Process account openings/closings, transfers, address changes, and various client requests efficiently.
- Prepare materials for investment committee meetings, ensuring all relevant documents and reports are organized and accessible.
- Assist in the review of investor statements, quarterly investment reports, and internal reporting to maintain data accuracy.
- Coordinate with other departments to respond to investor inquiries, fostering effective communication and collaboration.
- Identify, resolve, and escalate client issues to senior management for timely resolution.
- Initiate payments via wire/ACH, ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial regulations.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with senior team members to implement tangible solutions.
- Download, archive, and distribute monthly capital account statements and invoices.
- Aid senior team members during the annual audit/tax process.
- Contribute to the launch of new funds under the guidance of senior team members.
- Guarantee that tasks are recorded, executed, and completed punctually.
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, Sum-ifs, Vlookups)
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Comfortability with structured work and repeatable tasks
- Prior experience in financial services
- Familiarity with Asana, Airtable, and Tableau is a plus
- FINRA Series 99
EquityZen also offers stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), 401k match, individual professional development and wellness budget, generous time off policies and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.