Senior Research Analyst
Senior Research Analyst
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a collaborative, organized and hardworking Senior Research Analyst, who has a strong interest in the pre-IPO space. If you are interested in learning more about pre-IPO companies and love to conduct in-depth research and write, let’s talk!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 400 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 36,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build capitalization tables using information found in public filings
- Assist with pricing diligence and the construction of offering documents
- Deep dives on individual tech companies to build company profiles
- Reviewing the work of others such that work is generated error-free
- Taking on outside requests from various teams as it relates to our company research
- Keeping up with company news, public filings and market trends
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 2-3+ years’ prior experience in fundamental investment research or analysis
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise content
- Desire to learn about tech companies across markets and industry verticals
- Basic understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Strong experience in MS Office (PPT, XLS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and responsive with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to present findings, implications and recommendations to colleagues and senior management
- Strong critical thinking skills. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to think through investment implications of industry news/events
- Passion for tech sector and investment process
- Prior experience in financial services, technology, or venture capital
- Familiarity with Pitchbook and Crunchbase is a plus
$80,000 - $100,000
EquityZen also offers stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), 401k match, individual professional development and wellness budget, generous time off policies and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.