EquityZen is a financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets.
Since 2013, the EquityZen marketplace has made it easy to buy and sell shares in private companies. EquityZen brings together investors and shareholders, providing liquidity to early shareholders and private market access to accredited investors. With low investment minimums through our funds and with more than 35,000 private placements completed across 400+ companies, EquityZen leads the way in delivering “Private Markets for the Public”.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own financial statement preparation for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including consolidations
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations
- Manage AR and AP functions
- Coordinate treasury activities and cash management
- Manage the annual audit processes for our broker-dealer and consolidated entity
- Work with external advisors on technical matters including tax returns and the 409A process
- Design and implement process & policy improvements for the Accounting function
- Collaborate with FP&A on financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Work closely with our business teams and our Compliance and Operations Control functions to improve internal processes impacting financial reporting
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 7+ years of previous accounting experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Humble team player who enjoys, and is successful in, a collaborative environment
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software
- CPA license
- Previous broker-dealer experience
- Public accounting experience
- Experience at a growth stage startup
$120,000 - $150,000
EquityZen also offers stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), 401k match, individual professional development and wellness budget, generous time off policies and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.