Deal Operations Analyst
EquityZen is a financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a collaborative, organized and hardworking Deal Operations Analyst, who has a strong interest in the pre-IPO space.
Since 2013, the EquityZen marketplace has made it easy to buy and sell shares in private companies. EquityZen brings together investors and shareholders, providing liquidity to early shareholders and private market access to accredited investors. With low investment minimums through our funds and with more than 35,000 private placements completed across 400+ companies, EquityZen leads the way in delivering “Private Markets for the Public”.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage deal process/execution, working cross-functionally with the Sales, Research, Legal, and Compliance teams to drive deals to a timely close
- Communicate directly with clients, shareholders, and investors to collect all documents necessary for the transaction
- Identify ways to automate and optimize the deal processes / business methods and partner with Product/Engineering to execute as it aligns with our workflow goals
- Design and execute data analytics to improve our understanding of our Marketplace and assist with platform, product, and process decisions
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 0-1 years’ work experience or recent graduate with internship experience
- Previous internship experience in private placements, capital markets, FinTech marketplaces, internet-based investment firm, crowdfunding, or P2P lending
- Passion for the world of finance, technology, and the pre-IPO space
- Self-starter who is willing and excited to roll up their sleeves and learn
- Strong attention to detail both in writing and with numbers (noticing and resolving balances that don’t reconcile or don’t make sense)
- Systems thinker with the ability to quickly understand and map complex processes, identify risks in the process and root causes of issues that arise, and design & implement controls and process improvements to make the our deal process more efficient and better controlled
- Undergraduate degree
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in the world of venture capital
- Experience with data analytics and modeling
EquityZen also offers stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), 401k match, individual professional development and wellness budget, generous time off policies and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.