Business Development Director 7 & 63
As a Business Development Director, you will play an impactful role in scaling Equitybee via relationship building with our customers, from optimizing lead generation through deal close.
Part of your responsibility will develop and nurture relationships with our community of investors, offering them access to invest in startups they could not invest in before. By closing deals, you’ll be helping not only the investors in our network, but also startup employees who will be able to leverage their hard earned equity and participate in the success of the companies they worked so hard to build. Your other responsibilities will include project management for various sales initiatives on both the investor and employee platforms.
This is a high impact key position that will allow you to work closely with the leadership team, as well as cross-functionally with product, marketing, and the revenue team. If you have a passion for innovation in finance, sales, you love to scale businesses, and helping others makes you happy, this position is the right fit for you.
Salary band in California: $150,000/yr - $190,000
- FINRA Series 7 & Series 63 licenses. You must be licensed to sell our product.
- 2+ years of leading a team of sales/analysts/operations
- 4+ years of financial sales experience, preferably with experience selling forward contracts or secondary transactions.
- Must be willing and able to pass Finra 24 license within the first 3 months of employment.
- Excellent manager that can also work well as an individual contributor when needed.
- Experience in working with potential investors from registration to completing their first investment, owning portfolio growth, retention, churn and expansion.
- A very good understanding of investment and equity mechanics, with specific knowledge about stock options.
- A proven ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in a simple manner, all the way to closing a deal.
- Ability to learn quickly and execute effectively.
- Located in the Bay Area and open to a hybrid work/home schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A strong familiarity with the startup ecosystem
- Experience with secondary transactions, or private offerings
- Finra 24
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work model - 2 days in our Palo Alto HQ, and 3 days from home
- Children & pet friendly office - bring what you have, we'll hug it and give it treats
Something looks off?