Head of Debt Recovery - Consumer Debt Recovery Group
About the role:
As a Head of Debt Recovery - Consumer Debt Recovery Group, you will build an internal debt recovery group for Enova’s consumer businesses and lead the execution of day-to-day late stage debt recovery activities for our consumer debt portfolio. You'll operate the Consumer Debt Recovery Group as a standalone P&L and be responsible for all operational functions and meeting financial and other performance targets.
This role requires deep knowledge and best practices in the consumer debt recovery industry to develop effective debt recovery solutions and comply with all internal policies, laws, and regulatory guidelines. This role requires outstanding leadership and entrepreneurial spirit to roll up the sleeves and build the team from the ground up. We are looking for a candidate that has at least 10+ years of experience leading a consumer debt collections agency/practice and a successful track record of putting forth the necessary infrastructure, partnerships, workforce management, and relevant capabilities to achieve desired financial results. The Candidate should possess industry best-in-class recovery knowledge for consumer debt, with strong ability to leverage analytics, technology, and cross-functional teams to drive results.
- Build a debt recovery group for Enova’s consumer businesses to achieve the desired financial and performance targets
- Develop late stage recovery strategies by putting forth a strategic map outlining the key initiatives, capabilities, and tactics needed to achieve desired results
- Implement best-in-class consumer debt recovery solutions by implementing best-in-class debt management system, data analytics, and communication tools
- Design a sound organizational structure based on portfolio requirements and lead the recruitment of operational teams
- Oversees day-to-day recovery operations, both in-house recovery teams and utilization of debt collections agencies
- Formulate and implement necessary KPI’s to assess program efficacy, developing a strong set of outcome-based metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional Enova teams to improve late stage debt recovery yield and provide feedback for underwriting and early stage collections operations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- 10+ or more years of leadership experience at consumer debt collections agencies making portfolio level decisions
- Advanced working knowledge of best-in-class late stage consumer debt recovery solutions and related regulatory compliance requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights and support decision-making.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on strategic plans that drive desired financial outcomes
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on delivering measurable outcomes and driving continuous improvement.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a roth option (U.S. Based employees only)
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Summer hours (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!
Full-Time Employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible for benefits; interns are not eligible.
Enova International is a leading financial technology company that provides online financial services through our AI and machine learning-powered Colossus™platform. We serve non-prime consumers and businesses alike, while offering world-class technology and services to traditional banks—in order to create accessible credit for millions.
Being a values-driven organization is at the core of Enova’s success. We live our values by listening to our customers, challenging assumptions, thinking big, setting high expectations, and hiring and developing the best. Through our values and our commitment to making Enova an awesome place to work, we maintain an environment of inclusion and culture where our employees can thrive. You can learn more about Enova’s values and culture here.