Software Engineer Internship Summer 2024
Enova’s hybrid work model allows employees to work in the office T, W, and TH with the option to work from home on Monday and Friday.
About the role:
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will be integrated into our core agile teams and work alongside Enova's engineers. Over a period of 10 weeks, you will partake in the full software development lifecycle and work on business initiatives that bring value to our consumers.
Enova believes in education through total immersion. As one of our interns, you’ll begin your time with us learning the ropes in our intensive boot camp program. While working on high visibility projects, we will also provide you in depth training surrounding Ruby, Rails, GoLang, and other technologies and skills needed to become a successful full stack engineer. As a member of the Enova internship program, you will have the benefit of networking with other interns across the company through team outings, lunches, and events.
Dates: June 11 - August 16
We're excited about you if you have:
- A passion for crafting exceptional code, using open source technologies, and continuous learning.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages. We welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds!
- The ability to collaborate with non-technical team members about progress, challenges, or new ideas.
- You are pursuing your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and have an expected graduation date between December 2024-Spring 2025.
About Software Engineering:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a ROTH option (U.S. Based employees only)
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Summer hours (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!
Enova International is a leading financial technology company that provides online financial services through our AI and machine learning-powered Colossus™platform. We serve non-prime consumers and businesses alike, while offering world-class technology and services to traditional banks—in order to create accessible credit for millions.
Being a values-driven organization is at the core of Enova’s success. We live our values by listening to our customers, challenging assumptions, thinking big, setting high expectations, and hiring and developing the best. Through our values and our commitment to making Enova an awesome place to work, we maintain an environment of inclusion and culture where our employees can thrive. You can learn more about Enova’s values and culture here.