Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or take over sponsorship at this time.
Enova is currently accepting candidates for remote positions in the following eligible states: AL, AK, AR, AZ, CT, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NV, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, WI, WV, WY.
About the role:
The Data Services Team builds data strategy and provides data solutions across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is eager, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space. This role is an opportunity to make a difference in the data space, and we need experienced people eager to bring in solutions, and make that happen.
- Support the data needs of Software Engineering, Strategy, Product, Compliance, Operations, Technology and Analytics teams
- Opportunity to lead technical projects by architecting the solution and collaborating with team members and peers to implement the solution
- Architect, implement and maintaining multi-layered SQL and Python processes
- Enhance the tooling and Python Frameworks to support complex Extract Transform Load (ETL) or Extract Load Transform (ELT) processes
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in existing databases, data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting
- Work as a "full-stack" Data Engineer contributing to each phase of the SDLC, building a new pipeline between two data sources or working with the business to design and develop a new dashboard
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering with a focus on database related technologies
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working with Python and object-oriented programming methodologies and design patterns.
- Hands-on experience of SQL and database related technologies, particularly PostgreSQL.
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- Experience working with AWS RDS, Aurora, Lambda, S3, Apache Kafka is desirable.
- Experience with relational database modeling principles and techniques.
- Exposure to architecting, designing, and implementing ETL or ELT solutions with peers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a ROTH option (U.S. Based employees only)
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Summer hours (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!
Enova International is a leading financial technology company that provides online financial services through our AI and machine learning-powered Colossus™platform. We serve non-prime consumers and businesses alike, while offering world-class technology and services to traditional banks—in order to create accessible credit for millions.
Being a values-driven organization is at the core of Enova’s success. We live our values by listening to our customers, challenging assumptions, thinking big, setting high expectations, and hiring and developing the best. Through our values and our commitment to making Enova an awesome place to work, we maintain an environment of inclusion and culture where our employees can thrive. You can learn more about Enova’s values and culture here.
Something looks off?