Corporate Counsel (Hybrid)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or take over sponsorship at this time.
Associate General Counsel
About the Role:
As a Corporate Counsel, you will focus your efforts in supporting Enova’s lending and other businesses and are expected to have (or to develop) an in-depth understanding of consumer and commercial finance laws and regulations that affect the company’s financial services businesses.
- Advise marketing teams and review marketing materials, including digital content
- Handle all aspects of legal compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with consumer financial services and products
- Interpret existing and new laws and regulations and provide guidance to business teams
- Counsel business partners on legal and compliance risks and collaborate to find optimal business solutions while minimizing risk
- Work closely with business and technology teams to implement legal/regulatory changes
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar
- 2+ years experience analyzing laws and regulations and providing detailed recommendations
- Experience advising on legal matters related to consumer financial services laws, including, but not limited to:
- Dodd-Frank Act
- FTC Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Military Lending Act
- ServiceMembers Civil Relief Act
- ESIGN Act
- State consumer lending statutes
- State privacy and data security statutes
- Good sense of moral judgment guided by the basic principles of the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Ability to identify issues and take a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to build long-lasting and meaningful relationships
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a ROTH option (U.S. Based employees only)
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Summer hours (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!
Enova International is a leading financial technology company that provides online financial services through our AI and machine learning-powered Colossus™platform. We serve non-prime consumers and businesses alike, while offering world-class technology and services to traditional banks—in order to create accessible credit for millions.
Being a values-driven organization is at the core of Enova’s success. We live our values by listening to our customers, challenging assumptions, thinking big, setting high expectations, and hiring and developing the best. Through our values and our commitment to making Enova an awesome place to work, we maintain an environment of inclusion and culture where our employees can thrive. You can learn more about Enova’s values and culture here.
Something looks off?