Social Media Manager
Who We Are
Ellevest is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial services start-up built by women, for women. Our mission is to get more money in the hands of women, no matter where they’re starting or how far they’ve come. We started by building the only gender-aware online investing platform that takes totally un-ignorable realities (like pay gaps, different salary curves, and women’s longer lifespans) into account. Then we added financial planning services for Ellevest clients, plus a full-service private wealth management service that helps high net worth people, families, and institutions align their financial power with their values.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck after she realized that the financial services industry was built by men, for men, systemically leaving women behind. During her Wall Street days, she served as CEO of Smith Barney, CEO of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, and CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $145 million from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Ellevest is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Data shows that diverse teams are more innovative, make better decisions, and lead to greater employee engagement. When hiring, we look for culture add, not culture fit. That means hiring people who bring new perspectives and different experiences to our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About This Position
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to lead our organic social media strategy to drive growth. You will be responsible for content creation from ideation to execution, working closely with the creative team and Head of Brand. You are a natural collaborator, skilled copywriter, and the friend who’s up to date on all the things pop culture and digital marketing. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally to bring the social strategy to life by creating engaging and educational content that ultimately drives awareness and client conversion.
We are looking for someone with a client-first mentality who will work to understand our target audience, product offering, and unique brand voice. You are data-driven and have experience making data-based creative decisions — testing new ideas, tracking progress toward KPIs, adjusting strategy real time, etc.
This is a full-time position on our fully-remote team.
Day-to-day you will:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, data-driven organic social media strategy — with a focus on Instagram — that amplifies our mission and product offerings, and contributes to overall company goals
- Manage and oversee the execution of this strategy, working with stakeholders to create, schedule, and amplify our weekly content across priority social channels
- Develop unique and engaging storytelling through campaigns and evergreen posts
- Monitor the general pulse of the Ellevest social ecosystem and provide day-to-day community management by engaging and answering questions from our followers
- Identify and source industry and pop culture trends the Ellevest brand team should create social content around
- Track and report on WoW learnings and performance on key performance indicators and goals
- Support adaptation and amplification of larger marketing campaigns across the Ellevest social channels
We’re looking for:
- 3-4 years of experience in social media marketing (preferably in a B2C environment and on Instagram)
- Demonstrated expertise in social media content creation
- Strong creative writing skills
- A go-getter who is self-motivated and confident sharing new ideas
- Experience with design (Figma, Adobe Premiere) is not required but would be beneficial
- Interest in and excitement about broader conversations around women, money, and power
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to accommodate last-minute requests and reprioritize when necessary
- Passion for our mission to get more money in the hands of women
Ellevest's compensation framework is based on relevant data, benchmarking and research for comparable companies and on our internal pay equity policies. The prospective annual salary range for this role is $80,000-$100,000. In addition to base salary, Ellevest compensation offering for full-time employees will also include the following benefits: equity, 401k plan with employer contribution, medical, dental and vision health insurance (80% of premiums covered by employer), unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling, paid parental leave, learning and development opportunities, financial support for accessing reproductive healthcare, free employee access to an Ellevest digital account and discounts on our financial planning and Private Wealth Management offerings. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including (but not limited to) the applicant's experience, skills, certifications, as well as internal equity among our team.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, but today, our fully remote team is spread across the whole United States. As a member of the team, you can expect to do work that directly impacts our mission and the lives of real women every day.
We’re also dedicated to building a work environment where everyone on our team can grow and thrive, with flexible working hours and time off; remote work policies designed for transparency and effective cross-team collaboration; ongoing team building and professional development; and more.
Do you think you could thrive in this role?
Please send us your application — even if you don’t check every single box. No two people’s career paths look exactly alike, and skill sets come in many different forms. We can’t wait to hear about yours.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the questions at the bottom of this application.