Client Services Manager, Private Wealth Management
Who We Are
Ellevest is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial services start-up built by women, for women. Our mission is to get more money in the hands of women, no matter where they’re starting or how far they’ve come. We started by building the only gender-aware online investing platform that takes totally un-ignorable realities (like pay gaps, different salary curves, and women’s longer lifespans) into account. Then we added financial planning services for Ellevest clients, plus a full-service private wealth management service that helps high net worth people, families, and institutions align their financial power with their values.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck after she realized that the financial services industry was built by men, for men, systemically leaving women behind. During her Wall Street days, she served as CEO of Smith Barney, CEO of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, and CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $145 million from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Ellevest is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Data shows that diverse teams are more innovative, make better decisions, and lead to greater employee engagement. When hiring, we look for culture add, not culture fit. That means hiring people who bring new perspectives and different experiences to our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About This Position
As a member of the Private Wealth Management Client Services team, you will play a critical role in working closely with our Financial Advisors to ensure the financial needs of our Ellevest clients are being met and their client experience is exceptional. This role is on the front lines of client experience and critical to hearing, translating, and meeting the needs of our clients.
Day-to-day you will:
- Onboard new relationships as clients are welcomed and transition into the Ellevest family. This will include capturing critical client information, opening proper accounts, and facilitating account transfers and rollovers from outside institutions.
- Serve as a critical liaison between Financial Advisors, Internal Operations teams, and clients. Inclusive of account opening procedures and coordination with Schwab.
- Support existing client relationships with ongoing account maintenance, money movement requests, and account inquiries. When the needs of our clients change, our Service Professionals will frequently be the first call.
- Maintain up-to-date client information in SalesForce
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to help streamline internal processes for the client services team.
- Assist Financial Advisors as our investment offering evolves. This will include providing paperwork and documentation to clients to onboard into new investments, including alternatives and private investments.
- Run performance reports and help Financial Advisors prepare for annual client meetings.
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment, as well as in a high touch client-facing role.
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry in a client facing role
- Experience within asset management or wealth management industry
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities, specifically when working with high net worth clients
- Familiarity with private wealth management operations, and particularly client onboarding, is ideal
- Strong client service & technical skills (Salesforce, G Suite, Microsoft Office)
- Capacity to work closely and successfully with Financial Advisors
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, in working independently and on a team
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest's compensation framework is based on relevant data, benchmarking and research for comparable companies and on our internal pay equity policies. The prospective annual salary range for this role is $85,000. In addition to base salary, Ellevest compensation offering for full-time employees will also include the following benefits: equity, 401k plan with employer contribution, medical, dental and vision health insurance (80% of premiums covered by employer), unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling, paid parental leave, learning and development opportunities, financial support for accessing reproductive healthcare, free access to an Ellevest account and discounts on Private Wealth Management offering. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including (but not limited to) the applicant's experience, skills, certifications, as well as internal equity among our team.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, but today, our fully remote team is spread across the whole United States. As a member of the team, you can expect to do work that directly impacts our mission and the lives of real women every day. We’re also dedicated to building a work environment where everyone on our team can grow and thrive, with flexible working hours and time off; remote work policies designed for transparency and effective cross-team collaboration; ongoing team building and professional development; and more.
Do you think you could thrive in this role?
Please send us your application — even if you don’t check every single box. No two people’s career paths look exactly alike, and skill sets come in many different forms. We can’t wait to hear about yours.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the questions at the bottom of this application.
Something looks off?