Senior Software Engineer
EliseAI develops cutting-edge conversational AI technology for industries fundamental to our lives: housing and healthcare. Everything is built on the foundation of health and home. Broken systems or ineffective processes in these domains have a disproportionate impact on our quality of life and society’s overall wellbeing. Conversely, any solution or technology that solves problems in these areas will have an impact that ripples far beyond them.
That’s the only kind of impact we are interested in having at EliseAI.
If you get excited by the thought of working really hard on these kinds of problems, then EliseAI is the right place for you.
About the role
EliseAI is growing quickly and you’ll be scaling out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. The product-engineering team is small but growing, which means you’ll have a huge impact on the technical direction and product that is used by thousands of people a day. We are a fully in-office company with a beautiful new office located at E 33rd Street and Park Ave.
Here are your core objectives:
- Contribute rapidly to our core software platform that automates the leasing process and helps our customers operate their apartment communities more efficiently.
- Develop and own new features that increase value for our customers.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns.
- Learn and drive engineering best practices.
- Leverage automating testing and continuous integration / continuous delivery in order to rapidly iterate on our product.
We’re much more interested in someone who is hungry to learn and perform than someone whose resume checks all the boxes.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited to work hard at a fast-growing startup
- Is great at solving problems with little guidance
- Has startup mindset, ownership, and a proper balance of quality and sense of urgency
- Has strong bias for action
- Has strong system design knowledge
- Has 2+ years of Java, C#, Go or Python experience
- Willing to work in person at NYC headquarters with your team 4-5 days per week
Nice to haves include
- Understanding of microservices architecture and event-driven distributed systems
- Understanding of machine learning and data
- AWS experience
Growth and impact. It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. That means that instead of following a playbook, you’ll be writing it. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at EliseAI, we offer competitive salaries along with the following benefits:
- Equity in the company in the form of stock options
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100%
- Fully paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- 401k benefits
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Our brand new Midtown south office with an open floor plan, fully stocked kitchen, and company paid lunch
- Fun company social events through our Elise and the City program
- Unlimited vacation and paid holidays
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.
Job Compensation Range:
The salary range for this role is $210,000 - $260,000. EliseAI offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and a comprehensive benefits & perks package. Exact compensation inclusive of salary and any bonuses is determined based on a number of factors including experience and skill level, location and qualifications which are assessed during the interview process. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided by our Recruiting Team during the hiring process.
EliseAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.