InfoSec Intern (Year-Round)
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
EarnIn has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level individual with an interest in cybersecurity to join our team as a Cybersecurity Intern. This internship is crafted to provide a hands-on learning experience for someone who is enthusiastic about cybersecurity and eager to kickstart their career in this dynamic field. We are looking for someone who is eager to work collaboratively in a team environment with an openness to learn and adapt to new challenges. This position will be a year-long part-time position and will be hybrid from our Palo Alto headquarters. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location and the salary for this year-long role is $25,000.
What You'll Do:
- Secure end-user devices, understand access and privilege management, enhance zero-trust capabilities
- Implement and enhance security measures within cloud environments, kubernetes clusters and containerized applications
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of security as code practices, integrating security into the development lifecycle and infrastructure provisioning
- Contribute to incident response activities, collaborate to investigate and document security incidents
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Basic understanding of operating systems, networks and an eagerness to learn security concepts, AWS experience is a plus
- Curiosity about security tools for cloud environments & end-user devices
- Basic knowledge in any programming languages (e.g., Python, Go, Bash etc).
- Strong desire to improve written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to learning how to explain technical information to various audiences
- Ability and interest in developing analytical skills with an interest in troubleshooting and solving problems independently
- Ability to understand the importance of ethical behavior in cybersecurity and commitment to conducting security activities within legal and ethical boundaries
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.