Senior Staff Site Reliability Engineer
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
As a Senior Staff SRE you’ll be the subject matter expert with operating systems and networking. You’ll understand how our services are performing, we use DataDog (Logging+Metrics+APM), Prometheus, and Cloudwatch (by way of Datadog) to alert with Slack or PagerDuty. We are strong believers in Infrastructure as Code. There are many ways to accomplish this, but we use Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes to make it happen. Our .NET Core/Framework and Python applications run on AWS. We leverage a mixture of EC2, ASG and EKS for compute, ELB and AppMesh for load balancing and proxy, Kineses, SQS, Kafka for streaming data, and DynamoDB, RDS, ElastiCache for state storage.
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $188,000 - $330,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
- You have a software background and are passionate about optimizing quality of service and developer experience
- You’re calm and collected, cool under pressure, and not afraid to voice your opinion (even in the heat of an incident).
- You’re excited to work with both technical and non-technical teams throughout our organization
- You have proven experience working with large-scale, secure, and performant distributed systems
- You enjoy sharing information to reduce silos and break down barriers between teams
- You’re passionate about learning new technologies and adopting the right tools to manage these services in production -- keeping SLAs and MTTR in mind at all times.
- You have the ability to plan, lead, and execute on strategic objectives for the team or all of engineering.
- You’re familiar with all of the PagerDuty ringtones available
- Masters or bachelors degree in computer science, or 5+ years of experience in an SRE or Software Engineering role
- Successfully managed production environments at scale and understand that you need more than a for-loop and ssh to make it happen.
- You know that observability is critically important to run highly available and performant services.
- SLO, SLI, and KPI are more than TLAs to you
- You’ve read (or written) part of or all of the SRE book and have contextualized it for different engineering teams and cultures.
- Hands-on experience with shepherding services from design to production.
- You’ve tackled site-wide outages, lessons were learned, and you know how to make sure that it never happens again.
- You’re passionate about mentoring junior engineers and you believe in the investment of people
Something looks off?