Group Product Manager, Going Merry - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholarships to help students pay less.
Join us as the Group Product Manager for Going Merry and embark on an exciting journey to empower students, parents, and educators to achieve their educational dreams. You'll lead the charge in providing smart guidance and reducing college costs through our innovative platform.
The Group Product Manager, Going Merry position will report to the Chief Product Officer.
As the Group Product Manager, you will:
- Set the vision and strategy for our innovative Going Merry platform.
- Define clear, measurable goals and key results to drive success.
- Collaborate with leaders across all aspects of Earnest, building exciting partnerships and generating enthusiasm for our product vision.
- Lead a team of high-performing product managers who are passionate about improving the lending experience.
- Bring the vision to life by delivering exciting initiatives that enhance the user experience.
- Embrace rapid delivery, experimentation, and value creation to make a real impact.
- Support and develop our product managers to help them achieve their career goals and make a significant impact.
- Be at the forefront of our mission to empower students, parents, counselors, and providers.
- 8+ years launching and growing a successful consumer digital lending or fintech product
- 5+ years experience leading a team of Product Managers
- Experience optimizing an online customer acquisition funnel with multiple channels and products
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture, but obsessed with the details of the customer experience, never missing an opportunity to benefit customers
- Data-driven philosophy, which influences what you build and when you pivot
- Executive presence with cross-functional team members of all levels, including C-level
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Finance)
- MBA in a technical field
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.