Software Engineer II - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholarships to help students pay less.
The Software Engineer II position will report to the Lead Software Engineer.
As the Software Engineer II, you will:
- Collaborate closely with both the Product and Engineering teams to orchestrate the migration of our products from Legacy Decisioning to Unified Decisioning. Our organization is currently in the midst of a comprehensive architectural overhaul, transitioning from legacy decisioning to a more innovative, distributed, and unified architectural framework.
- It's worth noting that we've already successfully migrated one product, and we have plans to migrate two additional products in the upcoming quarters. This transformation is pivotal in our continuous journey towards a more efficient and cutting-edge approach, enabling us to provide enhanced solutions to our customers.
- You will spend time working on sprint goals to own individual tasks, fix bugs, product features and research spikes.
- You will have exposure of working in a most cross functional and collaborative teams
- You will have exposure working with AWS technologies
- On-call rotation of Lending Decisioning team
- You have 3-5 experience working on highly distributed systems
- You have 2+ years of experience working with relational databases like postgresSQL
- You have 1+ years of experience working with Container Services such as Docker
- You have 1+ years of experience working with AWS or similar cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with technologies such as Hapi, Jenkins, React/Redux
- Experience working on scalable systems
- Experience working in Financial Tech Industry
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.