Product Manager, Acquisition - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high-interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholarships to help students pay less.
The Senior Acquisition Product Manager will report to the Group Product Manager.
As the Senior Product Manager, Acquisition, you will:
- Determine the acquisition strategy across Going Merry and Earnest with Marketing; Develop a deep understanding of our growth story and our users: where growth is coming from, what is going well, and what isn't.
- Create a self-serve platform that allows stakeholders to launch new landing pages and run A/B tests with content (StoryBlok, Optimizely) while running your own experiments to enhance the platform functionality.
- Work with a core team of growth marketers, engineers, and designers to improve the website infrastructure (for rebranding, better performance as well as marketing self-service for greater experimentation and quicker deployment).
- Leveraging generative AI and other emergent technologies to uncover new growth opportunities and “unfair advantages”.
- You get to help families pay less money out of pocket for school. Part of your responsibility is acquiring new users on Going Merry via Scholarships and FAFSA. Part of your responsibility is acquiring new users on Earnest which has saved over $3 Billion in interest payments for its customers.
- You will have an enormous impact by changing lives. Going Merry has over a million users and tens of millions of visitors to convert. Earnest has hundreds of thousands of users and millions of visitors to convert.
- You get to optimize existing channels and create new ones. You’re responsible for the growth-marketing websites of Going Merry and Earnest, as well as several other growth-enabling platforms.You also get to identify and validate new channels.
How you will succeed and what you will own:
- Core web/marketing tech: page load speed, Site uptime & Service-specific metrics.
- Shared acquisition: CAC, GM # new leads/registrations, GM onboarding completion, GM % applying to the first scholarship within X days, Lending # new leads/registrations, Lending application starts & Lending LP Conversions (LP -> app started + app signed).
- A background in growth product management, with a deep understanding of core marketing channels and best practices, emphasizing a commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Proven experience and success in driving consumer user acquisition that not only supports key company metrics like revenue, acquisition, and lifetime value but also prioritizes inclusivity and diversity in user demographics.
- A history of collaborative work with marketing teams to create outstanding acquisition and user onboarding experiences.
- A deep understanding of product tools, methodology, processes, and systems.
- A demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams, including senior leadership up to the C level.
- Basic proficiency in SQL and strong data analytics skills, with a dedication to analyzing data.
- Experience with Optimizely, Braze, and/or Segment.
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.