Product Analyst, Engagement - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholarships to help students pay less.
As a Product Analyst on the Data and Analytics team at Earnest, you will report to the Analytics Manager and work closely with our Product teams to use data to make better decisions and accelerate learning. This role requires true analytical curiosity and the ability to solve unstructured problems. You have experience not only deriving insights but also delivering impactful and actionable recommendations. You have the ability to see different angles of a product or business opportunity, turn abstract business questions into structured data analysis, and clearly communicate meaningful insights that drive strategic decision-making.
As a Product Analyst, you will:
- Perform hands-on, in-depth analysis to assist in identifying product opportunities and product roadmap decisions
- Analyze behavioral product data to identify customer segments, improve product engagement, and gain an understanding of the user behavior within the product
- Clearly and concisely communicate insights and results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work closely and collaborate constantly with product managers, designers, and engineers to provide analytical rigor throughout the product development lifecycle
- Design and analyze A/B tests to test and learn to continuously progress in delivering a highly engaging product to our users
- Lay the groundwork for how we measure engagement of both counselors and students on our Going Merry platform
- Unlock and uncover user behaviors that guide our product strategy and roadmap
- Measure the impact and report out on the success of high visibility product features at launch
- 3+ years of experience in a data-centric role
- Experience manipulating and summarizing data using SQL
- Experience communicating results and insights to cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience in Analytics Tools (Segment, Amplitude, Google Analytics and/or Looker)
- Understanding of conversion funnels
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing
- Deep understanding of product engagement metrics
- Experience analyzing both web and mobile app event data
- Understanding of statistical methods
- Experience in data automation (DBT, Airflow)
- Experience in analytic event implementation (Segment)
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.