Quantitative Risk Analyst II - Remote US
At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to roll up their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As the Quantitative Risk Analyst II, you will report to the and:
- Want to play a key role in shaping our future at Earnest? We're looking for a Quantitative Risk Analyst II, who is excited to jump into the nuts and bolts of our loan portfolios. You'll be involved in everything from production, maintenance, to development of models and processes to monitor risk.
- You'll be part of our essential Portfolio Risk team. Our main mission? To dive deep into the performance of our current and future loan portfolios, uncovering risks and generating insights. We're about crafting smart strategies that minimize risk and boost returns.
- Your role will be hands-on, analyzing our loan portfolio and getting materials ready for big meetings - whether that's with executives, the Board of Directors, Rating Agencies, or financing due diligence.
- If you're passionate about mitigating risk, and want to be part of a team that makes a big impact, we can't wait to hear from you. Let's explore the possibilities together!
Experiences you will bring with you:
- Join our team and bring your data experience into play! We're searching for someone with a solid 3+ years in a data-focused role, preferably within credit risk, finance, or forecasting.
- We value attention to detail and accuracy, especially when handling vast amounts of data.
- Are you adept at using SQL for data analysis? Do you have experience with statistical analysis in R or Python? Great, you're the person we're looking for!
- Your understanding of loss forecasting methods and, ideally, familiarity with consumer loan products will be of immense value.
- Experience with Looker or a similar BI platform would be a bonus.
- We believe your unique skills can help shape our future.
- If you're excited about making a difference with data, we can't wait to hear from you. Let's explore the power of data together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.