Lead Visual Designer
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
As the Lead Visual Designer, you will report to the Head of Product Design and:
- Take a leadership role in developing a specific experience (e.g., a user path for Earnest Growth, an event booth design) from the initial stages of research and concept development to the final stages.
- Implement a clear, refined, and transparent design process that is consistently utilized to produce high-quality results in collaboration with product designers, marketing teams, growth experts, and internal brand stakeholders.
- Guide and mentor team members on effective contribution methods.
- Propose innovative documentation tools or frameworks to enhance the accessibility and ease of updating brand and systems content.
- Independently devise improved approaches for organizing and constructing UI templates and toolkits.
- Embrace challenges and consistently work in demanding, uncertain, and/or highly constrained situations.
- Demonstrate continuous visible progress based on feedback.
Impact of this role:
- Growth - Partner closely with marketing and Growth to design website landing pages to provide a best in class top of the funnel experience with high engagement and conversion.
- Brand - Contribute to and deliver on our rebranding experience and make sure different parts of the org from marketing to product adopt the new brand.
- Design systems - Build a design system from scratch and be responsible for designing and maintaining design system components, UI patterns and documentation for Nucleus.
Ideal background and expertise:
- Proficiency in Figma
- Experience building responsive web and mobile experiences
- Deep understanding of visual craft, execution, holistic and systems thinking
- Experience designing WCAG compliant, accessible interfaces
- Experience using a range of design skills to deliver compelling design solutions to systematic problems
- Experience writing documentation and usage guidelines that teach designers and engineers how to adopt our brand
- Documentation and checklist to maintain brand quality across surfaces
- Ability to set visual design strategy and set metrics for the team
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.