At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to roll up their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As the VP of Engineering, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer and:
- Be the visionary behind Earnest’s engineering delivery & process execution, quality, and timing
- You’ll define and implement the guidelines for engineering metrics and efficiency
- You’ll enhance and evolve the structure of career growth for the entire engineering organization in addition to building on hiring, onboarding, and retention
- In the first 30 Days, you’ll learn and figure out what's what
- From 60 days and on, you’ll plan; define team focus, processes, and metrics. You'll create a plan for improving on how the organization executes.
- 90 Days and forward, you’ll create plans for hiring, onboarding, and implementing processes to help the team operate efficiently and effectively.
Experiences you will bring with you:
- You have 7+ years of experience managing multiple engineering teams, with at least 3 years as a VP of Engineering or above with experience scaling teams and organizations of 60+ engineers and expertise in hiring and optimizing the recruiting process in a hyper-competitive market.
- You should be a proven leader and people manager who can influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers with the ability to bring individuals, teams, and organizations together, resolve conflict, and drive execution.
- You possess technical leadership experience in complex, secure, high-volume, and highly available processing environments.
- You have a consistent track record of leading the secure development of entire product portfolios at scale through deep knowledge of secure architectures and secure-by-design practices.
- You should be an excellent communicator and presenter, able to engage audiences of all levels and backgrounds, including executive, business, and technical.
- You prioritize diversity and inclusivity in their leadership and management style, valuing and promoting inclusivity and respect for all individuals.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Something looks off?