Senior Product Manager - Remote, US
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Join our scrappy "Going Merry" team as a Senior Product Manager! Here, you'll take the reins of our student and parent product platforms. This role is not just a job—it's an opportunity to influence and create on a grand scale. You'll handle tasks ranging from high-level strategic planning, like identifying product opportunities and shaping the product vision, to meticulous operational details, such as writing specs, managing sprints, and developing roadmaps. You'll work cross-functionally with our passionate teams in Engineering, Design, Marketing, Operations, and Data. This is your chance to be at the heart of our mission, making tangible impact and driving us forward. If you’re ready for a role that challenges, excites, and offers the chance to shape the future of our product line, we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
- We're inviting all creative minds to join our team! Your role? Crafting and reviewing product specifications and shaping the strategy for the evolution of a legacy system to the bleeding edge while supporting structures that work at a massive scale.
- Your feedback will shape the work of our designers, engineers, and QA analysts, ensuring that our products are innovative and high-quality. As a driving force behind our roadmap, your ability to identify and remove obstacles, build consensus, make decisions, and escalate issues when necessary will be essential.
- You'll maintain a finger on the pulse of our users' needs, keeping them at the heart of our work through active engagement, research, and surveys.
- In addition to maintaining a prioritized product roadmap, you'll also unearth fresh product opportunities aligned with our team's vision.
- Your clear and inspiring product vision will not only guide your squad but contribute significantly to our overall success.
- Remember, your role isn't just about achieving your own success. It's about enabling the success of our consumers.
- If this exciting, collaborative, and impactful role sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Let's make education affordable and accessible for everyone!
Experiences you will bring with you:
- We're seeking someone with 5 or more years of experience with significant ownership as a Product Manager.
- Join our inclusive, global team and make a difference! We're looking for candidates who thrive in a dynamic, cross-cultural, and asynchronous work environment. Regardless of your location or background, if you understand the nuances of college admissions or student finances - that's a plus!
- As part of our team, you'll need a strong product sense, grounded in UX/UI best practices, and a capacity to empathize with a diverse range of users. Leverage your data-analysis skills to inform decisions, sparking innovation and growth.
- What else do you bring to the table? Your entrepreneurial mindset! We need leaders who can assemble and motivate cross-functional teams, driving action and fostering alignment with a sense of urgency.
- As a self-starter, your ability to take initiative and execute tasks swiftly with minimal guidance is essential. Along with your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you'll be equipped to influence stakeholders at all levels and distill key information quickly.
- Problem-solving is in your DNA. You're known for your tenacity, your knack for issue resolution, and your commitment to getting things done. And with your top-notch organizational and project management skills, multitasking and cross-functional collaboration will be second nature.
- If this sounds like you, we're excited to hear from you.
Psst - why we think this role is awesome:
- 1.5 million users: This is a job with real responsibility: taking over our flagship student products (across web and mobile app), which have gotten us over 1.5 million users!
- Complex problems for a technical mind: For those who love a challenge, our product includes lots of technical back-end calculations and choices: How does scholarships matching work? How do we ensure that our FAFSA® form "simplifies" the government process for students, while providing in-depth reporting for counselors/districts? How do we compare & predict long-term financial implications of distinct college financial aid packages?
- A new MVP to lead: Usually, product roles require you to choose between running/building upon legacy products (like our student ones) OR pioneering new products to new users (like our brand-new parent portal). This role includes both, allowing you to flex (and hone!) both skills.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.