Manager, Cloud Engineering
dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt and refinancing student loans, to buying a home and starting a small business.
dv01’s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance and risk for lenders and Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data and build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data and tools required to make smarter data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, and student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, and developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2022 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2022/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
About the Role:
As the company embarks on a substantial cloud project, a key responsibility for this role is to drive the development and priority of the cloud engineering roadmap. This presents an exciting challenge that requires the Cloud Manager to strategically navigate the complexities of this project. They will need to leverage their experience and expertise to set clear objectives, allocate resources effectively, and establish a roadmap that aligns with the company's overarching goals. Additionally, they must ensure that the team remains adaptable and responsive to evolving project requirements, ultimately leading the successful execution of this significant cloud initiative.
- Build, coach and develop a team of 5+ high performing engineers by developing their careers and skills.
- Drive strong partnerships between engineering teams, product management, and program management
- Oversee the prioritization of operational needs and requirements.
- Continue to foster a culture of automation and Infrastructure-As-Code using Terraform, CDKTF, Docker, Kubernetes, Go, and other leading tools.
- An enthusiastic leader that is humble and an exceptional communicator Experienced fostering a strong engineering culture, setting clear expectations, and creating a positive environment through collaboration, positive role-modeling, and mentoring
- Strategic thinker with experience planning large scale projects, with influential skills to be able to navigate and bring clarity to competing priorities.
- 5+ years experience with cloud computing technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure). GCP experience is a major plus.
SHOW US YOUR BEST SELF:
As a remote company, communication is key to how we work. A cover letter helps us understand how you articulate your thoughts and ideas in writing. In your cover letter, tell us why you're interested in working at dv01, and what about this specific role interests you.
In good faith our salary range for this role is $175,000 - $200,000 but are not tied to it. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience, expertise, and other business considerations.
Our community is fueled by diverse people who welcome differing points of view and the opportunity to learn from each other. Our team is passionate about building a product people love and a culture where everyone can innovate and thrive.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
- New Family Bonding. Primary caregivers can take 12 weeks off 100% paid leave, while secondary caregivers can take 3 weeks. Returning to work after bringing home a new child isn’t easy, which is why we’re flexible and empathetic to the needs of new parents.
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.