Backend Engineer, Product Engineering
dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt and refinancing student loans, to buying a home and starting a small business.
dv01’s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance and risk for lenders and Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data and build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data and tools required to make smarter data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, and student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, and developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2022 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2022/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
- Bring transparency to the financial markets: You will bring transparency to consumer lending, mortgages, and other asset classes, by enabling our customers at banks, hedge funds, and credit originators via our SaaS offering to quickly extract insights from large private and public datasets.
- Develop using a modern, open source stack: You will develop on top of a software stack that includes Scala + Play and interact with data by building both REST API and GraphQL endpoints. We continuously evaluate and adopt new open source technologies to solve customer needs, so the skills you develop here will serve you well beyond dv01.
- Interact with a diverse team: You will collaborate closely with other teams at dv01 to create great products. This includes working closely with the product team to understand the customer story, design team to understand the motivation behind the UI/UX, the data engineering team to understand the most efficient way to query that data, and finally front-end engineers to fully build out the product.
- Gain knowledge of the financial industry: You will have an exclusive view into the system that enables Americans to afford houses, cars, and college. You will learn about the participants, terminology, and mathematics behind this sector of the financial markets.
- A well-rounded engineer: You have a deep appreciation for engineering fundamentals holding over 4 years of experience. You understand the importance of writing tests, designing systems for long-term maintainability, and coming up with and evaluating different engineering approaches.
- Experienced developing complex products and architecture. You have extensive experience architecting data-driven products with complex workflows. You are strong in SQL and able to incorporate a deep understanding of the database and backend to build systems that provide a great customer experience through scalability, performance, and maintainability. Experience with Scala/Java/C# is a big plus.
- A visualization enthusiast: You are a data enthusiast and understand the value of visualization in communicating data insights.
- Curious to expand your financial knowledge: You are excited to learn more about the intricacies of the financial system. You are adept at learning on the job and unafraid to dive into technical finance books.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Familiarity with financial concepts, specifically structured products
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Google BigQuery, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Docker, Jenkins, Git and Github Actions
- Familiarity with data analytics tools like Spark, R, or Pandas
- Familiarity with React, Redux, Node.js
In good faith our salary range for this role is $120,000 - $140,000 but are not tied to it. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience, expertise, and other business considerations.
Our community is fueled by diverse people who welcome differing points of view and the opportunity to learn from each other. Our team is passionate about building a product people love and a culture where everyone can innovate and thrive.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
- New Family Bonding. Primary caregivers can take 12 weeks off 100% paid leave, while secondary caregivers can take 3 weeks. Returning to work after bringing home a new child isn’t easy, which is why we’re flexible and empathetic to the needs of new parents.
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.