Operations Recording Associate
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- People First - We communicate with honesty and respect to our customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Better Together - We believe diversity, equity and inclusion creates value through the differences in our backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Solution Driven - We encourage calculated risk-taking, and we know that some of our best learning happens by making mistakes along the way.
- Act with Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in all of our business practices.
The Operations Recording Associate is a critical member of the Doma Operations post closing and recording team. This individual will ensure that signed closing packages are received, reviewed, and processed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the Doma mission to make the closing process as frictionless as possible for all parties involved. The Operations Recording Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing files by incorporating innovative technology to streamline the post closing and recording process. This role will collaborate with the escrow and title teams to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. The Post Closing Associate will be based in our Operations Hub in Arlington, TX.
- Performing any or all post closing duties with confidence and professionalism
- Post closing duties include:
- Reviewing signed closing packages for accuracy and completeness
- Scanning packages and labeling documents correctly in files
- Ensuring lender documents are returned in required timeframe
- Preparing and processing utility and HOA transfer packages
- Preparing county-specific intake forms for recording
- Submitting documents for recording (e-recording and traditional) quickly and accurately
- Processing recording rejections and resubmissions in a timely manner
- Assisting internal Compliance department with any post closing related audit details at the file level
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving escalations in a professional, efficient manner in collaboration with escrow colleagues
- Providing status updates on the transaction throughout the post closing and recording process to internal and external parties as needed
- 3+ years of national recording experience (CA and/or TX preferred)
- Coachable and willing to learn and grow
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using ResWare and Simplifile preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Have extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Are comfortable working within company stated SLA’s.
- Have excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Able to quickly pick up how to use new tools and software
- Own your ability to deliver excellent, error-free service throughout the post closing and recording process.
- Passion for multitasking and context-switching
- Are comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Must be a local candidate with the expectation of working full time in our Arlington, TX office
How we’ll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits to eligible employees: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous vacation time, and paid bonding leave.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time employees:
- Work/Life Balance - We encourage taking Paid Time Off (PTO)!
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to allow you to customize to you and your family’s needs that all start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.