Senior Director- Title Operations
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the Role
Doma is seeking a Sr. Director, Title Operations to lead multiple operations teams with a focus of providing support across multiple channels to ensure the successful fulfillment of thousands of transactions a month. You will function as a key leader in business growth and, process development and culture building, and become an expert in our customer’s needs. Key functions include evolving workflows and driving performance to ensure service levels are met, developing department roadmaps, and actively seeking methods to streamline business processes while managing and setting goals for a team and ensuring your teams are delivering exceptional service all while scaling rapidly. The Sr. Director will build and retain a team of domestic and off-shore professionals dedicated to delivering a remarkable customer-oriented department through effective leadership, achieving aggressive business goals, and operation efficiencies.
- Lead the Doma Underwriting Title Operations team by providing support for the successful fulfillment of highly complex customer orders
- Manage, monitor, and measure the performance of queues and processes associates, teams and queues
- Operate risk management controls to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Coordinate within multiple departments, including within Doma, to ensure consistent and proper execution
- Build a roadmap for scaling a domestic customer service teams and third-party outsources vendors
- Effectively leverage resources to monitor queue performance, identify patterns and trends causing issues and work towards business solutions
- Develop new and more innovative, efficient processes to improve overall end to end cycle times or improve quality
- Support, recommend and implement technology initiatives
- Responsible for communicating monthly results to Doma Underwriting leadership on departmental performance objectives
- Oversee the capacity and staffing planning to ensure adequate service levels are met with tight deadlines
- Oversee production staff across multiple locations/time zones
- May be required to support new business initiatives through demonstration of existing management capabilities
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and values
- Prepares and executes an annual hiring plan with direct input from the management team
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure system upgrades and enhancements are completed efficiently and effectively
- Evaluate and strategically adjusts departments' activities, policies, and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Required Skills & Responsibilities
- This individual needs to have exceptional communication skills, a strong analytical acumen, proven delivery successes in complex project implementations, hands on operational experience and outstanding leadership credentials
- A minimum of 12 years of career progression within a combination of professional services, exceptional customer experience and a strong operational background
- At least 7 years of experience with implementing and using the benefits of metrics, processes, and systems to maximize performance of large domestic and international teams.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skill sets
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills; ability to collaborate, manage and expand relationships across the organization and with all levels of management
- Ability to work with data, spot trends and draw conclusions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Shown below is the lowest to highest base salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the base salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. At Doma, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
This job is also eligible for the following compensation components: Bonus
How we’ll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits to eligible employees: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous vacation time, and paid bonding leave.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time employees:
- Work/Life Balance - We encourage taking Paid Time Off (PTO)!
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to allow you to customize to you and your family’s needs that all start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?