Sanctions Operations Senior Manager
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Sanctions Operations Senior Manager to join our compliance organization. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the regulations enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and related sanctions programs. Your primary role will involve leading the sanctions compliance operations team and enhancing existing procedures, implementing controls to prevent violations and facilitate adherence to OFAC regulations and manage day to day operational activities. You will work closely with various internal teams, to maintain a robust sanctions compliance program. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of OFAC regulations, and the ability to communicate complex information effectively.
- Manage BILL’s Compliance Sanctions operations team in meeting its regulatory and bank partner obligations
- Monitor, review, and update internal policies, procedures, and guidelines to align with current OFAC regulations and industry best practices.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry trends related to OFAC compliance, and assess their impact on the organization's operations.
- Identify and implement process improvements and procedure updates on the existing controls
- Communicate the progress of and oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change to leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Submit OFAC regulatory reports (ARBP - annual report of blocked property, blocked transactions and rejected transactions)
- Oversee the design, build, and monitoring of key metrics, and risk controls for compliance operations workflows.
- Provide guidance and training to employees regarding OFAC compliance, including conducting awareness sessions and disseminating relevant information.
- Support with interactions during regulatory agency and bank partner inspections
- Support new products and services for BILL’s businesses by creating or enhancing OFAC controls that satisfy our compliance requirements
- Flexibility to work outside of regular US business hours to support operations work as needed
We'd love to chat if you have:
- 10+ years of experience working and managing OFAC operations team in a MSB or financial services industry
- Direct experience in submitting OFAC regulatory reports (ARBP - annual report of blocked property, blocked transactions, rejected transactions)
- Strong knowledge in OFAC/Sanctions regulations and industry trends, preferably with hands-on knowledge of MSB regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational skills, time , task prioritization experience, and accountability
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of 2-3 individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex regulatory requirements and apply them to real-world scenarios
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS)
- Experience working as a regulator, at OFAC, US Treasury, or a top consulting firm is a plus.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants