Market Research Manager
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Ideal location is San Jose, CA. Will consider remote US only within Pacific, Mountain or Central time zones
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The Product Marketing team within BILL is the driving force behind getting products to market and growing their impact on customers and the business. We represent the voice of the customer - before, during and after launch, articulate a product’s value in a way that resonates with customers and differentiates vis-a-vis the competition, and drive product adoption, retention, and advocacy.
At BILL, the product marketing team works cross functionally with product, user experience, support, sales, customer success, brand, growth, creative, and legal, making it an extremely dynamic and influential part of the organization.
This role will be focused on developing holistic insights based on market research and other relevant sources of both internal and external data. You’ll work with the rest of the PMM team, partners in PM, Sales, GTM, and UX to share insights and influence the overall positioning of the business and product. Success will be measured through your ability to deliver on research projects as well as engage and influence cross-functional stakeholders.
As one of the first team members of the market research function, you will play an instrumental role in enabling Marketing as well as cross functional partners such as Brand, Product Strategy, Product Management & Customer Marketing to succeed with market research insights.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Own and deliver market research studies as well as support the research director in execution of projects based on requirements.
- Support research requests from across product marketing and the broader marketing team.
- Independently execute end to end research projects , including but not limited to designing surveys/questionnaires/interview guides, programming, collecting data, analyzing and creating debrief reports.
- Enable success of core Marketing and cross-functional stakeholders by partnering with them when we work with research vendors
- Facilitate scaling of market research by enabling access to tools, processes and research operational tasks that support PMM stakeholders.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 5 years professional market research experience including project management, research design, execution and reporting.
- Strong technical research skills - ideally both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Hands-on experience in using statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, Q to run data analysis.
- High quality standards in both setting research methods and delivering research results whether written reports or presentations
- Experience in client side or agency market research function
- Hands-on experience in applying different research methodologies and data analysis approaches - a mix of both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders and leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding and exposure to the B2B landscape
- Experience in SaaS and/or Payments (Fintech) would be a plus
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants