Director, Product Management
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose or remote (living within the PT time zone). We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for a strategic, innovative & experienced product leader who will have an instrumental leadership role in advancing Bill’s Accounts Receivable product. This leadership role will be US based working with a Sydney based leadership team.
- Define and articulate a product vision, mission, and strategy in alignment with the company and Accounts Receivable product objectives;
- Identify market opportunities and trends through market research and customer feedback;
- Develop a roadmap that outlines the product's evolution and key milestones;
- Bring innovation and product differentiation into the developed strategy and roadmaps;
- Build and lead a high-performing product management team;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, research, marketing, customer experience and sales, to ensure alignment with the product strategy;
- Provide guidance and mentorship to product managers and other team members;
- Prioritize features and enhancements based on customer needs, market analysis, and business goals;
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure product success;
- Make data-driven decisions to adjust the product strategy as needed;
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to develop go-to-market strategies and product launch plans;
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and feedback through customer interviews, surveys, and data analysis; and
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify opportunities and threats.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of product management or related professional experience;
- Experience in directing and controlling the activities of one or more functional areas/divisions through senior managers/Directors who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas;
- Proven track record in getting stuff done and enabling teams to ship products that deliver substantial value with simple & intuitive customer experience;
- Experience in working at matrixed organizations with strong cross-functional collaboration;
- Exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal & external stakeholders;
- Experience in agile methodologies and its best practices; and
- Experience in managing a team of product managers, hiring and retaining top talent.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- A positive and entrepreneurial mindset. Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve. We’re looking for lifelong learners;
- Develops and defends strong points-of-view backed by data and analytics;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment;
- Possess high level of intellectual curiosity and growth mindset;
- Well organized, able to multitask, able to ruthlessly prioritize with minimal direction;
- Regulation knowledge across payments, financing and lending;
- Strong team player with the ability to put team before self and are energetically collaborative; and
- Communication and listening – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Seeks to understand other viewpoints. Maintains these standards in all forms of communication
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs and much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this Remote - California based role is noted below. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants