Senior Technical Accountant
Creating innovative financial operations solutions that help small and mid-size businesses save time, become more efficient and grow.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose, California.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is seeking an organized, motivated and knowledgeable member to support its growth by contributing to the close and improving the accounting process. This individual contributor will make an impact on a growing team and in a high growth company.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations for the FinTech card portfolio, such as accounts receivable, credit losses, and embedded derivative accounts.
- Manage off-balance sheet asset accounting (ASC 860).Develop data analytics and visualizations for management to analyze the card portfolio.
- Design efficiencies and process improvements with an awareness of internal controls.
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including the preparation of public company financial statement disclosures.
- Prepare information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience with top tier accounting firms and CPA
- 5+ years of related professional experience with a combination of public accounting and industry experience or Master’s degree with 3 years experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ability to research accounting concepts
- Hands on experience working on CECL (ASC 326) or Transfer and Servicing (ASC 860), including securitizations, accounting standards is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels and cross-functionally
Must be a self-starter and deadline-driven to work in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants