Senior Creative Director, Copy
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Reporting to the VP Executive Creative Director, the Creative Director (Copy) is a leader in the BILL marketing organization and hands-on creative, actively shaping how the BILL brand comes to life. They drive the development of concepts, frameworks, and copy for the BILL brand, and lead a team of copywriters responsible for delivering brand guidelines, style guides, and marketing copy for assets spanning campaigns, collateral, email marketing, event signage, swag, and more. The Creative Director (Copy) contributes to, and guides their team to deliver upon strategic creative briefs for high priority marketing initiatives, seeks and shares information from partners, determines the best approaches for achieving creative results, and coordinates contributions from copy team members. They collaborate directly with stakeholders to define top-level creative expectations and roadmaps, crystalize a shared vision, deliver creative presentations, and provide supportive creative feedback and guiding direction through the lifespan of a project. Additionally, they analyze work methods and drive process improvements and efficiencies. The Creative Director (Copy) is an integral thought-leader in BILL’s creative team, who drives a culture of creative excellence and growth, including keeping the org aware of industry trends, market insights, and best practices. As a manager, they define and uphold a high creative bar, and continuously mentor and lead their team to impactful contributions to the Marketing organization.
Key responsibilities include interfacing with internal business partners throughout various departments to:
- Lead fast-paced creative workflows, including contributing to strategic creative briefs and defining a top-level creative vision and prompts which drive the development of high-bar and impactful creative marketing assets. They Interpret and clarify stakeholder feedback, direct appropriate creative revisions, communicate workstream status and performance, present work to senior leadership, and oversee delivery of final creative assets.
- Lead the BILL Copy team, defining team roles and responsibilities, managing team resourcing and vendor relationships, and building productive working relationships with copywriters across Content Marketing, Product, and the company at large.
- Maintain and share up-to-date expertise and industry best-practices, upholding a high creative bar and continuously guiding the studio forward.
- Maintain relationships with cross-functional teams to understand their roadmaps, and propose fresh creative approaches to achieving their business goals.
- Actively manage team’s career development, including providing continuous feedback and defining and tracking quarterly goals.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 7+ years in a creative agency or in-house creative team, leading a team of copywriters and/or other creative disciplines
- A robust portfolio, demonstrating the ability to both write and lead others to write compelling, on-brand copy and concepts for advertising, marketing campaigns,, and more.
- Experience building a thriving creative team culture, and an informed point of view on organizational approaches to creative development.
- Experience working closely with design, brand, product marketing, and growth teams.
- Expert level creative chops, you’ve got the book to back up your claims.
- You’re a creator who has been there and done that. You’ve built, or been a part of building, brands from the very start through to their full realization in a company.
- You’re a strategic thinker with a solutions-driven mindset, and a flexible and curious approach to creative development
- You enjoy working closely with designers, project managers, and marketing stakeholders, and are comfortable in Figma and Asana.
- You have a strong creative point of view, and are driven to take our brand to the next level.
- You can work well between different orgs with different needs. You are able to speak their language, and also help them learn ours.
- You share our values, and are excited to build with us.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants