Investor Relations Manager
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. For this role, it is important to work in the office approximately 2-3 days per week in order to build strong relationships and collaboration across teams.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is seeking to hire an Investor Relations Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Investor Relations. This is an opportunity to be part of an Institutional Investor-ranked investor relations team who collaborates with executives and teams across the company to discuss strategy and develop external communications. The IR team is responsible for building relationships with Wall Street investors and analysts, and providing insight learned from those relationships to management.
- Support the investor relations team with critical research, analysis, communications, and presentation projects.
- Study and analyze sell-side analysts’ notes and models on BILL and other companies in our industry and highlight action items as necessary.
- Conduct peer and company analysis, including development of financial statement models with underlying metrics drivers, performance metrics, and valuation analysis.
- Develop a framework for regularly reporting on peers’ significant events, strategy, financial performance, valuation, and communications to investors.
- Assist with analytical and communications building blocks for earnings, which flow into script writing and Q&A development.
- Develop easily understood content, analysis, and slides for our quarterly investor decks, earnings materials, and dedicated events related to shareholders and analysts, including investor conferences, webinars, and a potential investor day.
- Develop ESG roadshow materials and summarize investors’ and rating agencies views on various ESG items.
- Collaborate with the corporate communications, SEC accounting, and legal teams to apply an investor lens in reviewing BILL’s external-facing content.
- Effectively summarize and communicate key findings in a clear and concise manner, in written, verbal, presentation, and analytical forms. Must be able to present findings in high-level
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years or more related professional experience in investment banking, sell-side equity research, or buy-side equity research; MBA or CFA a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation development).
- Extensive experience reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing companies’ SEC filings, investor presentations, business strategy, financials, metrics, competitive advantages, and ESG qualities.
- Substantial experience building valuation and integrated three-sheet financial statement models.
- The ability to summarize high-level points of view for executive-level communication while also having a strong command of underlying detail.
- Genuine interest in knowing investors’ points of views on companies and industries.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and an analytical thinker with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive, proactive work ethic and the ability to build strong relationships across teams.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants