Senior Product Data Scientist
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in our San Jose office. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company:
- This team supports product strategy and product platform organizations, which provides the opportunity to both go deep (eg. specific product features) and/or operate at a high altitude (eg. market penetration by segment)
- Utilize statistical methods and data analysis techniques to identify trends or outliers, propose remedial actions and drive impact.
- Drive root cause analyses, and/or improve classification and discoverability of qualitative data using NLP, LLM classification (eg. survey results, customer feedback, error codes)
- Define OKRs for new product initiatives, setting targets and tracking performance over time in close collaboration with PMs, Engineering, Design and Research.
- Build a feature store by combining internal and external data at various levels of fidelity.
- Design, develop and maintain dashboards to provide real time visibility into customer behavior and/or product performance.
- Perform A/B testing to validate hypotheses and influence features prioritization.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to ensure data integrity throughout the data pipeline.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-8 years in a data science/analytics role, preferably within a product-focused or tech company.
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with databases to extract, transform, and analyze data.
- Proficiency in Python or R, and experience with text analysis (bonus points if you have deployed models which leverage NLP or LLM libraries).
- Experience with Tableau, DBT, Gitlab, AWS (or a similar stack)
- Strong communication and storytelling skills.
- A student mindset when it comes to data.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants