Senior Tax Analyst
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
This position is based at San Jose, CA We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Join BILL as we continue to grow our tax department to meet our expanding company's needs
The Senior Tax Analyst will play a key role in managing our Income and Indirect tax function. This is a highly visible role within the Finance department, and the individual will be partnering with cross functional teams to ensure that the Company is in compliances with various government authorities, supporting the business by developing a deep understanding of our products, and owning specifically the processes and systems impacted by our indirect and direct tax reporting requirements.
Indirect Tax -
- Own the sales and use tax function -
- Timely and accurate filings of the Company’s sales and use tax returns
- Partnering with product and other accounting team members to evaluate sales tax consequences of new products
- Prepare quarter end tax accruals and reconciliations
- Manage business property tax filings
- Establish Company’s GST tax process as Company expands globally.
Income Tax Compliance
- Support tax compliance function through working with external preparers, preparing workpapers , initial reviewing the income tax returns
- Oversee preparation and initial review of quarterly Federal and state estimated and extension calculations and payments
- Support tax audits, including responding to all manner of audit queries and information requests received from the tax authorities
- Responsible for calculating transfer pricing for Group Companies
- Automate intercompany transfer pricing calculations through partnering with IT and other business partners
- Improve tax controls to ensure compliance with SOX
We'd Love to Chat If You Have
- Intellectually curious and looking to grow and continue developing in career
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent; CPA, a plus
- 5+ years of tax experience in public accounting firms (Big 4 plus) and/or multinational company
- ASC 740 knowledge, with experience preparing and reviewing corporate income tax returns, provisions, and reporting disclosures for forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and ability to multitask
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants