Senior Revenue Accountant
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
This position is based at Draper, Utah. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The Sr. Revenue Accountant will play a key role focusing on general and loan accounting as well as assist in operational revenue accounting by building out processes for the all-in-one expense management solution. This is a high visibility role within the revenue accounting team and the individual will be a key contributor in our continued growth.
List of Responsibilities/Duties
- Work with cross functional teams in various departments to operationalize new product offerings
- Accurately record financial transactions in a timely manner
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all schedules used to prepare journal entries
- Maintain various account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts
- Help to design efficiencies and process improvements with an awareness of internal controls
- Interact with accounting managers, Director of Revenue and treasury team on a daily basis and assist with ad hoc projects as assigned
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes. Participate in process improvements to streamline the close process
- Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5 years public accounting experience or 3 years with a Masters or 6+ years of general accounting within industry or a combination
- CPA or CPA tracking required
- Knowledge/Exposure in GAAP accounting including revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a self starter and deadline driven to work in a fast paced environment within tight deadlines
- Experience with financial statements and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics
To Stand Out (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Loan accounting a big plus
- Fintech or financial services with a focus on card transactions experience is a plus
- Understanding of database structures preferred
- SQL and Tableau a plus
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants