Senior Product Manager - Payments
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position can be based in either San Jose or Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
- Support the product and strategy responsible for developing loved and delightful customer experience for BILL’s card payment products
- Think strategically and creatively to gather product and process insights from customers and key internal / external stakeholders
- Test and optimize specific parts of the customer journey that will drive KPIs for customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Partner closely with engineers, designers, product marketing, sales, business development, customer success, customer support, risk, and finance to ensure our clients are at the center of everything we build and that they’re delighted by our work.
- Own and prioritize a roadmap to balance both exploring new products and exploiting existing products.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop product requirements to ensure alignment on short- and long-term growth initiatives
- Develop detailed product requirements working with cross-functional teams (business, program managers, product, development, UX, engineering) for features and capabilities that help drive growth/retention.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Obsessed about customers and understanding their needs, pain points, and desires.
- People who have shipped world-class software experiences, likely from top-tier startups or mid-size software companies as a top performer. Your team would hate to lose you. Especially the engineering lead and design lead with whom you work most closely.
- Product judgment and taste with fluency in metrics and data. You know what a delightful experience looks like, and you aren’t happy until you ship it, but you can also define clear success metrics and use data to inform your judgment.
- Expert communication, both verbally and written. You can point to specific examples of complex situations that you’ve navigated with your ability to communicate.
- High tolerance for -- but an aggressive instinct to remove -- extreme ambiguity. The more clarity you can give engineers and designers, the more confident they’ll be and the quicker they’ll move.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and to dive into details. Product Managers are not above the hard work; they do the hard work: meeting notes, task organization, or anything else is not beneath you. If there’s a leaky faucet or a clogged pipe, the PM fixes it.
- An ability to think strategically and drive business results. Not only will you fix pipes, but you’ll drive some of our most important strategic decisions. If you can’t do both, it’s not a good fit.
- Experience with payments and payment platforms
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% employee paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?