Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) - Advanced AR
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Accounts Receivable (AR) team. If you are passionate about optimizing software, enjoy being hands on, excited to deliver new features to some of the biggest customers and enjoy technical challenges, this is the job for you! In this role, you’ll work on the new feature sets that drive our customer growth in the core product segment. You should challenge technical design decisions and approaches with highly talented product managers and staff engineers.
Advanced AR Team:
The Advanced AR team is building the next generation of our Accounts Receivable solution as we move to a one-stop shop platform for our customers. This team is completely redesigning our current AR product and building a new one from scratch, while simultaneously supporting our legacy product. This will provide our users with a powerful invoicing experience to help them get paid quickly and easily.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 5+ years of development experience as a Frontend Developer
- Experience with Angular or React, NodeJS, GraphQL, Apollo Client, React Testing Library, etc.
- Experience with Jest, Cypress, Cucumber and with any Design Systems is a huge plus
- Experience with dev tools like Splunk, Datadog, Mixpanel, LaunchDarkly, LogRocket etc.
- Knowledge of build systems for SPA - webpack, ES6 transpilers, CSS frameworks
- Experience working with Web Components is a huge plus
- Excellent teamwork and communication and ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
- Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
- Passion for great products and building great experiences, proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs and much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?