Compliance Sr. Program Manager
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose, CA or Houston, TX. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
As BILL's Compliance Sr. Program Manager you will work closely with our product, risk and legal teams to help develop and maintain a strong and well documented Compliance Program. You will report directly to the AML Director Compliance.
As part of your role you will help with cross functional teams including product, risk, legal, and engineering to assess new products and develop product risk assessments, assist with the development of compliance policies and procedures, develop AML & Sanctions risk assessment methodologies and execute the annual risk assessment, and assist with the development of global training programs. You will showcase and display a knack for requirement gathering and documentation, presentation of such requirements, and assessing new products from a compliance perspective.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate prior experience as well as knowledge of BSA/AML & Economic Sanctions compliance laws and regulations
- Display in their previous experience(s) strong interpersonal skills as well as an ability to convey compliance requirements to cross-functional teams in a clear and concise manner. Conversely, the ideal candidate will need to display an ability to work cross functionally with the engineering, product, risk and legal teams.
- The development of BSA/AML & Sanctions training content, and training teams on various compliance topics.
- Developing BSA/AML & Sanctions policies and procedures, maintaining an inventory and tracking to ensure policies and procedures are updated and align with the BSA/AML & Sanctions program.
- Researching and documentation of compliance requirements (including KYC) for new countries BDC wishes to expand to.
- Developing a thorough understanding of BDC’s products and working with the product team to track new products and assist with documentation of risks and requirements.
- Documenting clear compliance requirements for new systems implemented by BDC including KYC, sanctions, and transaction monitoring.
- Developing compliance dashboards and quarterly BSA/AML & OFAC operational risk assessments for senior management.
- Track regulatory updates to BSA/AML & Sanctions laws and regulations, conducting impact assessments, and ensuring the AML Program is updated to reflect new changes.
- Address escalations from other teams including risk, CS, or sales related to onboarding and other BSA/AML & Sanctions issues.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in BSA/AML & Sanctions including training development, developing policies and procedures, product risk assessment, and compliance risk dashboards.
- Ability to develop and review Compliance training content
- Strong ability to work independently, self-starter in a growth minded environment
- Strong organization and presentation skills, as well as the flexibility to change gears/focus on a regular basis.
- Experience working with a consulting firm or conducting program assessments is highly desirable.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?