Senior Staff Product Manager - International Payments
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose and we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is seeking an experienced Product Manager who will be responsible for adding significant capabilities to our international payments platform. These additions will be integral to sustained and scalable growth.
BILL customers can use the platform to pay over 130 countries in over 100 currencies. The international payments team is focused on adding value to our users while generating significant revenue for the payments organization and continuing to be an engine of growth for BILL. Join a small team operating on a complex and exciting product.
- Develop & translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototyping and final development by engineering teams
- Partner with engineering and other cross functional team[s] to come up with best in class solutions for our customers
- Define growth and resiliency strategies to scale the platform
- Brainstorm innovative ideas and be a evangelist for international platform and strategize a GTM plan
- Define, and hold your squad accountable to, the measurable changes in behavior that would indicate value has been added (outcomes).
- Participate actively in product strategy and execution - be a vocal member of the week-to-week requirements grooming process, and also a driving force in long term product planning to enhance the capabilities of the payments platform.
- Lead & manage the launch of new partnerships with banks, fintechs and other financial firms to help expand our capabilities globally.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 12 years of product management experience with extensive domain knowledge in payments or international payments
- Experience building, leading and managing platform as a service.
- Attention to detail and experience working with engineering and other stakeholders.
- Strong product management skills, defining product vision, priorities and roadmap, and an innate ability to nail the “Why” before jumping into solutions.
- Proven track record in getting stuff done and enabling teams to ship products that deliver substantial value with simple & intuitive customer experience
- Knowledge of AWS / Micro service architectures - technically detailed.
- Proven success in overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle.
- Ability to identify opportunities through discovery, prioritize them, and then experiment with and ship solutions that measurably have intended business impact.
- A positive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve. We’re looking for lifelong learners
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Possess high level of intellectual curiosity and growth mindset
- Develops and defends strong points-of-view with data, analytics, and customer empathy.
- Communication and listening – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?