Cloud Security Engineer (AWS)
Build your career with purpose. Be a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join our team and support an industry-leading platform.This role is responsible for leading the design and development of the AWS and cloud/hybrid security architecture in support of organization’s cloud transformation goals. You will use and combine proven principles of application, network and infrastructure security to foundationally secure multi-tenant environments for BILL. You will partner with engineers, architects and leaders to define the best approach for cloud security at BILL that balances the business objectives with security needs.
In this role you will
- Define and enable the execution of cloud security vision and strategy.
- Apply Secure Design principles to develop security solutions architectures.
- Provide security expertise and guidance on all cybersecurity topics with primary focus on cloud security.
- Perform threat modeling, architecture and design reviews.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 7+ years of professional work experience in Information Security with 3+ years focused on Cloud Security.
- Experience in secure design (threat modeling) & architecture, operations, and applying security to cloud technologies (AWS) for large scalable systems.
- Deep knowledge and/or experience in multiple domains, including cloud security, web application security, mobile security, AuthN/Authz protocols and infrastructure security
- Experience with infrastructure automation platforms.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/CS/related technical field.
- Professional security certifications (e.g. CISSP, AWS Certifications in architecture/security) are highly preferred.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?